Saturday, October 20, 2007

ALL BLACK IN RED - sunday 21 october



Weather: -14.c, wind chill -19.c

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NIGEL!

Fortunately last night the fire service played the air force crew in a match of volleyball. Unfortunately one of the air force guys dislocated his finger and is on the next flight home. Fortunately he's been here 6 times before. Unfortunately this time he'd only be here for ONE day. Fortunately he was still smiling. Unfortunately the air force crew had to play short. Fortunately we won.

Today I got up bright and early. My average bedtime down here is midnight. It's pretty tricky the old' sun staying up for 24hrs. Your brain really doesn't get any sign that it's time to jump into those p.j's.

Come 3pm I was outside all geared up for rugby training. Eager little beaver. Keith, an American rugby nut is team leader/coach. He huddled the group over "right those that have played before throw the ball around over there, the newbies over here", I followed the newbie’s. "right" Keith said "now this is what you call a rugby ball, it's egg shaped. You use two hands to pass it" "arrrr" I piped up, "umm I’m a kiwi, so can I go play over there" looking at the guys who new how to play. A roar of laughter erupted.

I felt like an all black, running around cones passing left right and centre. This is going to rock.

Tonight I’m going to hike up observation hill (230m), as it is my last chance to take photos of the sun setting behind the mountains. Come the 23rd of october the sun will always be above the horizon 24hrs. 24/7.

No comments: